Last week I attended the CMA Mobile Marketing Conference in Toronto. Here are some of my condensed notes and key takeaways:
- Less than 1% of all websites are mobile enabled and yet in 2011 most people access the internet via a mobile device. <–Please read that again.
- 3/10 Canadians have smartphones, however the key thing to pay attention to is the drastically rising adoption rate (over 90%/year).
- 9/10 high income earning Canadians have smartphones.
- 50% of Twitter use occurs on mobile devices.
- On average, Americans spend 3 hours a day on their mobile device.
- Half of all local searches occur on a mobile device.
- The definition of mobile has evolved. Focus should be on understanding that people want contextually relevant content on the go.
- Magic mirrors are coming. Watch “The Future of Screen Technology“.