A few of my contacts at Google (i.e. owners of YouTube) have recently informed me that the branded YouTube channel (formerly $50,ooo to setup), is now being offered for free to all government departments (this includes the Canadian Government of course).
What’s the difference between a branded and non-branded channel?
Here are the additional features that you will get:
- Auto-play – Video plays immediately when someone goes to the channel
- Other channels – Feature up to 16 other channels on a brand channel
- Channel bannerÂ – 960×150 top branding banner on a brand channel (image map supported)
- Side column imageÂ – 300×250 image on left hand side of channel
- Branding box – Custom text module that supports rich text and hyperlinked text
- Contest module support – PDF with more info
- Carousel support – PDF with more info
- Mosaic support – View Demo
- Video wall support – View Demo
- Custom gadget support – 960×460 (full-width) new recommended size for custom gadgets
- 1 MB background image – User channels have background size limit of 256KB
- Channel private setting – Brand Channel owners can set their channels to private. User channels are always forced to public.
- Google analytics – Brand channels can be opted into GA automatically. Gadgets require separate GA tags
- 1×1 ad tag support – Served via DFP. Can include pixels, tracking tags (i.e. Spotlight), or research tags (i.e. Comscore). View the approved vendor list
- Simple 1×1 support – No cookie support / simple hosted image call
- Video page banner – 300×45 branding banner that lives on all advertiser watch pages / clicks to brand channel
Sure enough, a few Government of Canada departments have already jumped onto this. Especially the ones that were already using the regular YouTube channel offering. A great initiative is being put on today (November 9th, 2009) by Veteranâ€™s Affairs. They are using YouTubeÂ to reach youngÂ Canadians in the lead up toÂ the November 11th Remembrance Day ceremonies. This morning they launched their French and English Brand Channels and also reserved the homepage of www.youtube.com. These â€œhomepage takeoversâ€ on YouTube can deliver anywhere from 5-8 million impressions in a single day (according to my Google contact). Of course the more important question is, so what? What action was taken as a result? This is where a well though out web analytics strategy will come into play, which I surely hope Veteran’s Affairs has in place. I’d love to see what actions incoming YouTube web traffic performs on the Veteran’s Affairs website, or if at the end of the day, more people are wearing poppies.
I can’t find confirmation of this on the youtube site – can you please point me to your source on this offer?
Hey Fiona, drop me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll forward you to my Google contact. They will probably be updating their site with this info soon. It’s definitely already in effect though.
[…] original post here: Youtube now offering FREE branded YouTube channels for government orgs Share and […]
Any idea how to apply for this? I had heard about this before and couldn’t find any information on it. I finally DID get some information, followed the steps to the letter and then never heard back from Google / YouTube about it.
Hey Aaron, please email me at email@example.com so that I can put you in touch with the right person at Google. This applies to everyone else as well!
wpwu9g, [link=http://getminecraftaccountfree.com/]free minecraft account[/link] free minecraft account hacker 2esldewbkjf4jwa, sandfilteranlage wie funktioniert [link=http://sandfilter.tumblr.com]sandfilteranlage x5[/link] sandfilteranlage hofer hq8ao5ridx7zkx, 5274 [link=http://cheapjordanshoesales.webs.com/]cheap jordans online[/link] cheap variant jordans
Just curious, probably a FAQ, but does this also apply to europe ?
Hey Mike – You forgot to mention that HBS Marketing did the Vet’s Youtube strategy and creative! Thanks/JP
Thanks for sharing this, it’s great to see Canadian government organizations making use of social media.
I love watching videos online specially on Youtube. There are lots of music clips, movie clips and instructional videos on Youtube. I love em all.
[…] out more on branded Youtube channels for Government how to create a customised/branded channel for your Government agency on […]
I have submitted the 5 pieces of information for a City of Oshawa branded YouTube Channel. Are there any approximate dates for timing of when we will hear word — are we looking at months or over a year?
@39 Shannon – I’m wondering the same thing. I emailed government(@)youtube a month ago and I’ve heard back nothing from them.
Hi Kim, if you email me directly I can provide you with some internal Google contacts that should be able to help you.
Hi Mike, thanks for this information.
I wanted to ask if this applies also for other countries than US. Actually one of our clients the National Bank of Albania is planing to open a YouTube channel but they haven’t found yet the way to do this and at YouTube site there is not any information about this.
Can you please confirm if other countries are eligible?
Hi Alban, not that I know of unfortunately.
776 pheromones video [url=http://buypheromones.webs.com/]pheromones natural[/url] pheromones guru oxrlpylzlz9a, 6194 [url=http://usepheromones.webs.com/]pheromones homosexuality[/url] xxpajmse1ke9, [url=http://pheromone101.webs.com/]pheromones for men review[/url] pheromones gold night.
Coco appeared out of the forest in 2007 and claimed my home as his.
felines appear bald and such a feature is also believed to be a result of natural mutation of their species.
It talks about its range, habitat, hunting and preying,
and reproduction habits.
I really love watching films online, specially on youtube. I just love it!
Comments are closed.