About a year ago, well before the era of re-tweeting, I wrote a post entitled “Social Media Document Garage Sale” which received quite a bit of attention according to my blog stats at the time. The basic intent of the post was to provide you with download links to various white papers, presentations, reports and studies on social media that I had accumulated to date and that I could freely distribute (without violating any policies or copyrights). Another year has passed, and sure enoughÂ my “3rd party reports” folder has once again piled up. I figure there is no point in keeping this stuff to myself so I’m providing links for you below. It’s also partly because I’m lazy and don’t want to be emailing individual reports to people when responding to questions. I’d rather point people at this blog post from now on.
I realize that the phrase “garage sale” doesn’t really capture the fact that these documents are free (it’s more of a spring cleaning), however I like comparing this to a garage sale so that I don’t have to claim responsibility if something is no good. Hopefully you find some gems, I know there are a few in there.
I have read most of these, however , some of them I merely skimmed through. Rather than providing you with my review, I’ll let you judge on your own and thus only provide you with the title and author. If, for some reason, I have made the mistake of putting something up that I shouldn’t have (e.g. something that was free for a limited time only), then by all means let me know so that I can remove it. Enjoy!
- Using Media Intelligence Tools to Drive Communications Success – CNW Group
- Social Media & Business Marketing – Mike Volpe (HubSpot)
- Template Twitter Strategy for Government Departments – UK Government
- In with the Old, in with the New – Ryan Singel
- State of the Twittersphere 2009 – Hubspot
- Processing Personal Data Across Borders – Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada
- Concepts and features of Government 2.0 and 3.0 – The National Information Society Agency
- The Coming Change in Social Media Business Applications – Josh Gordon (SocialMediaToday)
- Twitter Success Stories – Marketing Profs
- Synchronizing Social Networks – Marketing Over Coffee
- Social Media Primer – Unknown Author
- About Face – The Advance Guard
- Blog Response Flow Chart – U.S Air Force
- How Obama did it with Digital – Marketing Profs
- Beyond Westminster Governance: Bringing Politics and Public Service into the Networked Era – Jeffrey Roy
- Networked Citizens: Power and Responsibility at Work – Peter Bradwell & Richard Reeves
- The Social Pulpit: Barack Obama’s Social Media Toolkit – Edelman
- Reinventing Government for the 21st Century – Unknown Author
- Using the Social Web to find Work – Chris Brogan
- How Canadians’ Use of the Internet Affects Social Life and Civic Participation – Statistics Canada
I have a few more from some of my clients which I did not post up since I am unsure if they have been made public yet. When I know for sure I will put them up in a separate post. Happy printing and/or reading!